Other Adaptive Sports
There are opportunities to play other adapted sports in the area.
Research encourages cross training off-season in order to reduce and/or prevent overuse injuries and burn-out.
- Track – For middle school and high school students, contact your school track coach for opportunities on your track and field team in wheelchair racing, shot put and discus.
- Wheelchair Tennis – contact the Charleston, WV YMCA at 304-340-3527 https://ymcaofkv.org/
- Wheelchair Basketball – contact the Charleston, WV YMCA at 304-340-3527 https://ymcaofkv.org/
- Adaptive Martial Arts- Dunbar, WV – contact Jessica Madden at 304-807-0251 https://www.facebook.com/pmawv
- Challenger Sports- contact the Tri County YMCA in Scott Depot, WV at 304-757-0016 https://tri-countyymca.org/
- Challenger Baseball – Nitro, WV, contact Denise Frampton at https://www.facebook.com/CLNLL/
- Dance – CenterStage, Dunbar, WV – contact Whitney Janey at https://www.facebook.com/centerstagewv
- Skiing – Silver Creek, Challenged Athletes of WV – contact Carol Woody at (304) 572-6708
- Dance – CW Dance Company, Dunbar, WV. Contact Corrie Whittingon at (304) 541-7228